Bridle Trails State Park is an equestrian and pedestrian park. To ensure that everyone enjoys the park safely, it is important to follow park rules:
- No bicycles or motor vehicles allowed.
- Dogs must be on leash, with no exceptions. Horses will kick dogs if threatened, or can bolt and unseat their riders, causing significant injury.
- Park hours are dawn to dusk - year round.
- No camping.
- No overnight parking allowed unless approved by Park Manager.
- Group runs must be coordinated in advance with the Park Manager or they are considered unauthorized and trail directions will be removed.
- Equestrians have the right-of-way. Horses are prey animals and their instinct is to to flee in any scary situation. Pedestrians including runners encountering horses should stop, make their presence known and step to the side of the trail (but don't hide behind a tree!).
- Pedestrians and equestrians must remain on trails.
- Smoking, fires, fireworks or any kind of open flames are not allowed on the trails or in the woods.
- Please do not litter. It spoils everyone's experience of the park.
- Do not leave horse manure in the parking lot - please take it with you.